Thursday, August 29, 2013

Week 11: Veggie CSA

This week's bag:




Included: 3 Japanese eggplants, 1 bunch arugula, 4 cubanelle peppers, 3 cucumbers, 1 pound green beans, 2 summer squash, 1 bunch radishes, 3 pounds tomatoes, and 2 pounds peaches. 

I also couldn't resist and picked up a 20lb. box of peaches.

The plan is to:

  • Freeze the green beans and summer squash.
  • Make salsa again with the tomatoes and some of the peaches.
  • The rest: I'm actually not sure yet. I need to find some good dairy-free eggplant ideas.
What are others inspired to make this week? I could use some good ideas!

Update: We made Pan-fried Eggplant from Food52 with the Japanese eggplant and it was quite good. I omitted the Serrano chili pepper, although next time I would substitute it for ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment