Sunday, July 21, 2013

Beet Chips

Success! The beet chips rocked. You know why? Because the Rutabaga ate them. I thought they were pretty tasty too.

I made this recipe from Kid Cultivation, except I heated my oil to 300 degrees (because I originally missed the part of her instructions where she noted the oil temp.)

The beets really are beautiful. The vegetable peeler is completely unnecessary to the recipe. However, they were completely necessary to finding a way to get the Rutabaga involved in the process. He thought of peeling them himself and I let him go with it.


As soon as they came out of the fryer there were hands grabbing for these.



Then I got overzealous and thought I'd try zucchini chips. Those will need some refinement.


All in all a keeper of a recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment